Xbox One, Xbox Series, and their privacy settings let you customize what people can see online. It’s important to remember that the Xbox One and the Xbox Series share similar services, interfaces, and functionality. This tutorial applies to both options.
In conclusion, the options you need are found under the Profile or Privacy menu on your console. You’ll also be able to find this information in the app.
Xbox Offline Appearance: How To Tell?
Xbox Live allows users to play offline. This enhances their gaming experience while providing them with the privacy they desire. You can hide your online status from your friends or other gamers by using this option.
The subtlest of signs can indicate that an Xbox user is currently offline. Here are some subtle signs that indicate an individual’s offline status on Xbox.
Gray Circles or Offline: When someone decides or is online, the grey circle appears on their profile. A grey process will appear in the User’s Profile or Gamertag.
Xbox Live Activity Feed: Viewing someone’s activity is possible even if they are not online. When someone seems offline, their comments and likes will still appear. The actions of someone offline will be missing.
You won’t be able to show your friends or other Xbox users what you are currently doing if Appear Online is selected. You can hide your online status when offline. Your friends or the recent players list cannot see what you are playing.
However, you can use other methods to check if someone has gone offline. Use the methods provided below.
Method 1: Check Gamertags
You can check the status of an individual’s activities by checking their Gamertag. They won’t let you know if someone is offline. We’ll show you how to find a person’s Gamertag.
- Install the Xbox application on an Android or iOS mobile device.
Attention: Ensure you’re signed in on your Xbox.
- Search can be accessed from the lower navigation menu.
- Search for the desired person by typing their name in the bar.
- You can tell whether a profile is available online by tapping on it in the search results.
They will only show their latest activity or games if they appear online.
Xbox Gamertag contains a picture, an optional photo, and other details to identify you when you play games or interact with people. Your Xbox Gamertag records the number of games played, time spent playing each game, achievements, and more. It doesn’t matter which supported system you use as long as it is one Gamertag.
The second method is to send two messages.
A message is another method to determine whether someone has gone offline on Xbox. The person’s message will not be delivered or pending if they are offline. The person will still be marked as Delivery if they have enabled the setting that causes them to look like they’re offline when, in fact, they are connected.
Learn how to send a message to the Xbox app to see if anyone is offline.
- The Xbox app will open on your phone.
- From the navigation menu, tap on Social.
- Click on FRIENDS OR CHATS to select your desired profile.
- You can send a message by typing it in the box provided and clicking the icon.
Method 3: Monitoring Xbox Live Activity feed
Xbox Live Activity Feed can provide information about someone’s internet status. People who appear offline might be active if they have recently liked and commented on something.
- The Home Menu can be opened by pressing the Xbox Guide Button.
- Choose My Profile on the Profile tab.
- Choose Activity feed in the left pane.
- By selecting the desired user’s profile, you can determine if that person is offline and what game they play while they are online.
Here’s how to tell whether or not someone on Xbox is offline.
Method 4: Check Xbox Live’s Following list
One way to check if a person is online on Xbox is by checking your Following list. This lets you view a person’s status, like offline or last seen. In the My Profile menu, click the Social > Follow tab to see if the player you are interested in is online.
Notice: When someone takes you off their friend list, they appear offline.
How to Make Your Appearance Offline
You may be wondering why it is that you wish to appear online. Here’s a list of scenarios in which it is convenient.
You are playing an intricate part in a game. It’s vital to be focused when playing a tricky part of games.
It’s a streaming or movie service. It’s not a good idea to have constant games pop up while playing a video game.
You are craving alone time. You want some alone time.
Xbox Series X & S: Appearing Offline
A friend may message you when they want to chat with you. You can now appear to be offline when playing Xbox Series X/S.
It will not alter your Xbox Status. It will remain online for achievements to show online unlocking, but friends cannot see you currently active.
- To activate the Xbox Series X/S controller, press and hold down on its glowing middle button.
- Scroll up to System & Profile.
- Choose your username.
- Scroll down to appear online.
- Press A.
- Click on Appear Offline and then select again by pressing A.
- Other users can no longer see your presence online.
Appearing offline on the Xbox Mobile App
The Xbox app can set your account as Appear offline, provided your console and mobile phone are linked. You can do this by following these steps.
Notification: The app cannot be switched to Do Not Disturb mode.
- In the Xbox App, click your name.
- Tap Appear offline.
- No one will be able to see you online anymore.