Its Find My app is more than just valuable for ping iPhones. It tracks the locations of several of your Apple devices; you will probably see your phone’s location on the map, too. Once logged into Find My, you might know exactly where your phone is without calling it. If you suspect your phone is located in your Home, but you aren’t sure where it is, pinging is useful.
If you own an Apple device linked via the exact Apple ID as your iPhone, you can launch Find My there. To launch the application, you can look up “Find My” on your Mac or iPad. If your computer has no connected Apple device, you must sign on to icloud.com and select Find My from here. Select your iPhone from the drop-down menu, then tap “Play the Sound” to send it a ping. In the beginning, the iPhone will vibrate. Within a couple of seconds, it begins to emit a loud sound. The sound will play until the iPhone is located or you end the audio through Find Me. So take note of this.
Things You Need to Learn
- If your phone has its IP address, you can browse it on the Windows or Mac computer to see if it is in your WiFi area.
- It is possible to use the phone’s built-in Find My Device (Android) or Find My (iPhone) apps to track your device if you lose it.
- If you’re looking for someone else’s device, you must be informed of local laws on the tracking of devices if you still need to get the consent of the person you are tracking.
How do you Ping your iPhone?
The easiest way to locate the iPhone when you’ve got an Apple Watch or HomePod paired with an Apple Watch or a HomePod HomePod is to instruct those devices to contact the iPhone to locate it.
How do you use the Apple Watch to find your iPhone?
- If you’re using an Apple Watch, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Centre. Control Centre.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will find an image of an iPhone with curved lines radiating from it. It’s the Ping button. Click it.
- The iPhone and the Apple Watch, assuming they’re accessible, will sound a ding to let you know their location.
- Continue to ping the phone until you spot it.
How do you use the HomePod to locate your iPhone?
You may also connect to your iPhone via HomePod.
- Speak to your HomePod and say: “Hey Siri where’s my iPhone?”
- If the iPhone is near enough to the iPhone, Siri is likely to say, “I located [name’s] phone close by. Should I let it play an audio?”
- You can say yes, and you can listen to your iPhone.
You may need to enable Personal Requests for this to be effective. In this case, you should take the steps listed below. It is necessary to have a device that has the Home app installed, or an iPad is a good choice if you own one. This service needs iCloud Keychain to be set up on the device you’re using.
- Start the Home app on your phone.
- Launch the Home application.
- Touch the icon for Home.
- Click on the name of your choice.
- Make Personal Requests available on the correct device(s).
Contact someone’s mobile with Siri.
A quick and straightforward method of pinging the person’s iPhone is using Siri. Siri is the voice personal assistant available on all iOS devices that helps you accomplish specific tasks with your fingers.
It allows you to transfer a ping signal from an iOS device to a different one.
- Internet connection
- Any iOS device
The steps are as follows:
- Speak “Hey Siri” or launch Siri on Your iOS device.
- Request it to locate the device’s location, or you can make a ping on the target iPhone.
If you don’t own an iPhone or another Apple device, you can use Find My
If you don’t own an iPhone or any other Apple device, try one of these options to access Find My.
Utilize Find Devices to search devices to locate devices iCloud.com.
It is possible to locate your device, label it as lost or erase it from the cloud by visiting iCloud.com/find.
If you log into your account, you may be required to input the verification code sent to a device you trust. If you have lost your sole reliable device or need help to obtain the verification code, click the Find Devices button instead of entering an entry.
When using iCloud.com/find, You won’t be able to locate the location of your device if it’s off, the battery is depleted or if over 24 hours have gone by since the last location was reported to Apple.
Utilize a family member’s smartphone.
If you’re part of a Family Sharing group, you can use Find My to find a family member’s device. When you’ve shared the location of your friends, your devices will be listed on their Find My app under Devices.
Why can’t I ring My Phone?
If you’re tapping the Ping iPhone button on an Apple Watch, but nothing happens, there are two possible reasons:
- iPhone Doesn’t Work. This is only true if your iPhone and your Apple Watch are close enough to one another to be connected by Bluetooth and WiFi. If your iPhone is miles away from the Watch and your iPhone, you cannot contact it.
- Airplane Mode can be enabled on the phone. Pinging on an iPhone can only be done if the phone’s network capabilities–Bluetooth and WiFi, etc.–are enabled. If the iPhone is placed in Airplane Mode, those features are turned off, which means using them won’t be possible.