A right spicy ramen recipe is comfort food. The chewy, springy ramen noodles are the remaining automobile for a flavorful sauce vivid with chilli oil—no seasoning packet required.
WHAT IS RAMEN?
Ramen is a Japanese soup virtually made with Chinese noodles! It is extraordinarily famous in America every at ingesting locations/noodles homes and by way of manner of the dry square ramen noodles with the mystery seasoning packets which have ended up a way of lifestyles for college university college students.
I truly have ramen soup coming your way, but nowadays, it’s all about ramen noodles smothered in sauce.
Of route, you may turn this ramen recipe into ramen soup if you desire sincerely by the manner of including extra chook broth. It received flavours like conventional miso ramen, but it will, though, be plenty tasty!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
This mainly spiced ramen hack has the whole thing we adore about restaurant-style ramen but at home! A rich broth, jammy boiled eggs, and quite spicy, umami seasonings make it the appropriate Japanese comfort food. Even higher, the noodles are really from packs of 25¢ ramen, so this recipe, in all fairness-priced and clean to make time and again!
This recipe makes use of conventional Asian additives, like miso paste, nori, sambal oelek, and togarashi, for an actual flavour. Though they sound fancy, most of those components are easy to discover at your local grocery or online or maybe made at home.
Take your enormously spiced ramen to the following degree together with shredded chicken, red meat, or maybe tofu, or use gluten-free noodles as opposed to traditional ramen. It’s easy to customize this hack, even similarly, to fit your tastes and nutritional needs.
Ramen Noodles. Most ramen noodles aren’t gluten-free, so I used rice-based absolute ramen for this recipe. Really any sort of thin noodle will be artwork right here; it’s the sauce that subjects.
Green onion, garlic, ginger.
Chilli garlic sauce/sriracha. This is where the spice comes from! If you are sensitive to spice, begin small and add extra as needed to flavour.
Soy sauce/tamari. Be excessively satisfactory to apply low sodium as this could get way too salty with the full power stuff if you handiest have normal, in reality, half of the quantity to begin.
Honey. Lastly, we’ll add some honey, rice vinegar and sesame oil to balance out all of the highly spiced taste. To make it vegan, without a doubt, use maple syrup as opposed to honey.
How to make highly spiced ramen
- Cook noodles. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook dinner noodles in line with the package deal instructions.
- Saute. Add the chopped inexperienced onion, ginger, garlic and oil to a small saucepan and saute for about 3-5 minutes.
- Make sauce. Add in all closing sauce substances and whisk properly. Simmer over low warmth for about five minutes.
- Combine. Combine the cooked noodles with the sauce and allow simmer for a few minutes to permit the mixture of the flavours.
- Taste. Taste and modify flavours as desired. If it’s too spicy, you could add in more soy sauce and sweetener to assist stability it out. If it’s not substantially spiced sufficient, just upload in extra sriracha.
Can I Use Other Kinds of Noodles?
No ramen? No trouble! You can use quite a plenty of any kind of noodle you have got to be had, together with gluten-free alternatives if needed. Just make sure to follow the cooking commands on the package deal deal deal to make certain they’re perfectly al dente. Here are a few suggestions for what I’ve placed paintings great embody:
- Bean threads
- Rice vermicelli
COOKING TIPS FOR SPICY RAMEN RECIPE
- Don’t use the seasoning packet! We exceptionally want the ramen noodles, now not the MSG seasoning packet it comes with. We will be seasoning the noodles ourselves with lots of garlic, onion and ginger.
- Shortcut aromatics: in case you haven’t made it to the grocery save, you can alternative the glowing aromatics with one teaspoon EACH onion powder, ground ginger, and garlic mixed without delay into the sauce.
- Cook ramen one at a time: don’t be tempted to prepare dinner, the noodles with the sauce. They want to be cooked one at a time in boiling water, or the selection prepares dinner unevenly.
- Prevent noodles from sticking: if you’re not organized right now, use the cooked ramen, then toss the noodles in a drizzle of sesame oil to save them from sticking collectively. If you don’t have sesame oil, use a neutral oil together with canola or vegetable oil.
- Don’t overcook the ramen: the ramen needs to be undercooked when you boil it in water due to the reality the ramen will retain to put together dinner in the sauce. If you truly put together a dinner, the ramen, initially, will become gentle in the sauce.
- Customize warm temperature: Spicy Ramen Noodles are purported to be especially spiced, but they don’t ought to be fiery warm. Start with one tablespoon of Asian chilli sauce and upload more taste. Remember, you can constantly upload extra warmth. However, you can’t take it away!
HOW LONG IS SPICY RAMEN GOOD FOR?
Store leftover Spicy Ramen Noodles in a hermetic discipline inside the fridge. Once nicely stored, ramen ought to last for as an entire lot as five days.
HOW TO REHEAT SPICY RAMEN NOODLES
How to reheat in the microwave: Transfer small quantities to a steady microwave dish, warm for 1 minute, stir, then keep to heat at 20-second periods as wanted. You can also additionally want to toss the noodles with a drizzle of oil or broth to loosen them noodles.
How to reheat at the variety: For big portions, warmth in a massive skillet over medium-excessive warmth, stirring frequently. You can also furthermore need to toss it with a drizzle of oil or every to loosen the noodles.
You can serve these highly spiced ramen noodles with stir-fries, soups, salads, or any grilled/baked protein (like chook, shrimp, or tofu). I love serving this with my Asian broccoli stir fry and a tumbler of peanut butter milkshake.