Learn to make air fryer croutons at home by following this easy recipe. Croutons made from scratch are delicious in soups and salads. They are simple to prepare in your air fryer. They can be prepared in just 10 minutes.
Air fryer croutons! Where are you for all of my existence? I’ve made croutons from scratch in my kitchen, but having recently tried these in an air fryer, I won’t return them.
They’re so simple, quick to prepare, and perfect for soups and salads! They’re also an excellent way to use leftover bread. For croutons, it’s always good to use old bread—the best.
I like making my croutons as simple as possible; however, feel free to experiment with additional spice blends. There are some suggestions for seasoning in the ingredient section to help you get started. However, you really can make a good decision here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE…
- Convert leftover bread into croutons quickly.
- Easy and quick to create.
- A fun way to make use of an air fryer.
- Are you new to air frying? Get the printable Air Fryer Cooking Chart filled with cook times and temperatures for your favourite dishes, along with some tips and tricks to make the most out of the air fryer.
WHAT BREAD IS BEST FOR HOMEMADE CROUTONS?
Although you can technically use all kinds of bread, some types are more suitable. A dense bread like Italian bread is likely to result in chewy croutons. In contrast, an airy and light baguette will yield crisp croutons. Light a well-lit baguette can produce crunchy Croutons.
If you’re searching for an item in between, sourdough or whole wheat bread can be an option. Be sure to ensure that it’s fresh bread and not stale. It won’t be a good choice for croutons.
To make the recipe, I made use of a French baguette. Before, I created croutons using sourdough, pumpernickel, rye and ordinary white bread. I discovered that any bread with a good flavour could work in making homemade Croutons.
AIR FRYER CROUTONS RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Ingredients required for air fryer Croutons. Cubes of bread
olive oil, parsley flake, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
slices of bread – Slices of freshly baked bread or bread work great
Olive oil that is virgin provides the croutons with the most incredible taste
Parsley flakes-I use dried flakes
garlic powder for greater air fryer garlic croutons to spice up your air fryer, including a bit of garlic powder
salt- only a tiny quantity is enough, and you should adjust it according to your tastes
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY AIR FRYER CROUTONS
- To make croutons from bread, Begin by selecting the kind of bread you want to use for croutons, then slice bread into pieces using an awl—slice bread into cubes of about 1/2 or 1 inch in dimensions.
- The bread is placed in a mixing vessel’s bowl, and oil is added. To flavour the bread, sprinkle in the powdered garlic, onion, parsley flakes, salt and. Mix the bread and coat every piece with a spice mixture and olive oil.
- Transfer the bread cubes that have been seasoned mixture into an air fryer basket, dispersing out to the greatest extent possible to prevent overspreading.
- Bake in an air fryer at 390°F for 7 to 8 minutes or until the croutons turn golden brown. Shake the basket, or throw the croutons midway through the baking process.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
Here are a few easy methods to ensure that your croutons from the air fryer look as tasty as possible! This recipe was straightforward and enjoyable to prepare, and I would like to continue making batches of different versions.
- Swap Bread: Instead of bread like French or sourdough, make croutons from whole-wheat pumpernickel, rye or bread to boost your fibre intake!
- Alter the flavour: Instead of traditional Italian herbs, you can flavour your croutons with ranch spice! Sometimes, I skip all savoury ingredients and dip the toast in cinnamon sugar. This sweet flavour is perfect when you are serving salads that contain fruits!
- Cook one layer at a time. The air fryer will work best when you only cook a single layer at a given time, with ample space between your croutons. It is essential to have airflow to get the crispest possible results!
- What Else Can I Use Stale Bread For? Many things. Don’t toss it out! Apart from croutons, it is possible to make breadcrumbs at home, French toast, or even bread pudding. Be sure your bread is smooth. Bread contaminated with mould is only suitable for consumption if you cut off mouldy areas.
The air fryer croutons can be great to snack on and then dip in the sauce of your choice. They’re great toppings for salads and soups. Here are a few of my favourites dishes that I make use of the ingredients above:
- Soups such as Curried Butternut Soup, Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Minestrone Soup, and cream Of Mushroom soup.
- Salads: Spinach Strawberry Salad, Mexican Chicken Salad, Cajun Chicken Salad, Greek Salad, and Avocado Tomato Salad.
How to Store
Croutons cooked in the oven fryer will taste most delicious within the first 1 to 2 days. They can be stored for at least a week. This can come in useful during the holidays or during gatherings.
It would help if you cooled them to room temperature and then transferred them into a sealed bag. Please keep them in an air-conditioned, cool place for up to a week.