Social media companies are bound by the social obligation of protecting young audiences from illegal content, spamming, and other users. TikTok is no exception, as you must be 13 years old to sign up or be 18 to gift gifts to your favourite creators.
If you’re under the age of then, you can’t sign up for an account, or TikTok will soon remove your Report. This is because children aren’t allowed to upload videos on TikTok, which is against the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The social media giant is known for removing accounts with clearly fake birthdays, which means it may be time to correct your actual birthday.
If you’re thinking of changing your birth date on TikTok, it’s not an easy task. There’s no in-app option to update your birth date. Based on your age and the date of your account, it might be simpler to create a new account.
How can you change how old you are on TikTok?
Many are reluctant to divulge their details through the TikTok application. Some have accidentally entered false information regarding themselves. There has been much confusion regarding individuals trying to change their age when they sign up through the application. Many want to change their age; however, they can’t determine how to go about it.
Can you change the time on TikTok?
There is no method of changing your time on TikTok. The app will ask users to enter their birth date right at the beginning of when they sign into their account within the application. This means that one can follow these steps to update the date of birth on Tik Tok.
- The first step is to sign out of your profile on Tik Tok. This can be done by clicking the ‘Me option in the lower right corner of the homepage screen. When you connect to the three dots at the top right to access TikTok settings, you will need to scroll down at the bottom to see the option to log out.
- When you have done this, you will be brought back to the homepage. Click the Me option time.
- If you want to sign for the second time, you must select the ‘Email or Phone option.
- This will lead you to a page where they will ask you to enter your birthday details. Then, you can change your birthday to alter your age in your online account.
- The app will ask users to log in using a phone number or email address, which is possible with the account you already have registered on TikTok.
These suggestions will help you to alter your time on TikTok. Therefore, you must fill in the correct birth date at the beginning to ensure you can be at the right age. This makes using TikTok enjoyable and easy.
How to Request a Change to Your Birthday on TikTok
While you can easily alter your profile picture and username on TikTok at any time, you can no longer change your TikTok birthday via the app’s controls.
To update your age to change your age on TikTok, You’ll have to contact the app’s customer service and request an update to your birthday. This is how you can do it.
Start the TikTok app on your mobile device and tap Me in the lower-right corner.
Tap an ellipsis (three dots) in the upper-right corner.
Scroll down to the menu and tap Report an issue.
Tap Editing Profile.
Tap, But you’re having trouble.
In the box provided in the provided field, enter something similar to “I have to change the birthday of my profile because the date I am currently using is not correct. I’m willing to share a valid identification to prove my real birthday” and then tap Report.
Within the next one or two, you’ll get an email notification from TikTok support using the email address linked to your account. The representative will ask you for an image of a government-issued ID to prove the date of your birthday. When you submit the ID to them, they’ll most likely change your TikTok birthday to reflect the new date.
You Can Always Create a New Account
If you’re not willing to take all the steps necessary to change your age, you could create your new profile.
Naturally, you’ll begin from the bottom over.
If you’d like to keep your old account, It is essential to alter your age.
Suppose nothing else works and your age has not changed even after submitting the required information to TikTok’s support desk. In that case, the last option is to open a new account with the correct birthdate to have your age listed on TikTok adjusted.
However, before you sign up for an account on TikTok, delete your current version first. Here’s how to remove your account from TikTok:
- Start the TikTok app, then navigate to Me.
- Tap the icon with the triple dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Manage Account.
- Select the option to remove the account.
For more information and assistance, visit the following websites.