There is no way to transfer funds directly via Venmo to PayPal in a direct manner. However, you could use a bank account for this.
It requires extra steps. You will also need a PayPal Balance account.
Transfers from your account at a bank to PayPal require between three and five working days.
Even though Venmo and PayPal have a lot in common in many ways, when you want to transfer money from one to the other, you’ll discover that there needs to be a more straightforward method to accomplish this.
It’s just that you must take some extra steps.
Are there any integrations that connect Venmo and PayPal?
There needs to be integration between Venmo and PayPal1. This means Venmo payment transactions will be handled like everyday PayPal transactions – such as the payments funded by Venmo and made through the PayPal account.
Know what to do before you transfer funds from Venmo to PayPal.
Although PayPal has control over Venmo, there needs to be a more complex way for you to transfer money between the two payment apps.
The same account, Venmo and PayPal, allow you to transfer funds between both. You’ll need a PayPal Balance account (formerly called PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus).
But, if you’ve got an authentic PayPal account, it means you’re in a position to have an account balance. You’re in a place to move funds to your balance.
Can I transfer money from Venmo to PayPal?
In short, it is impossible to go through Venmo into PayPal. Even though Venmo is a part of PayPal, and PayPal manages the Venmo company, there’s an in-person connection or integration with Venmo and PayPal accounts.
Because there isn’t any interconnection between your PayPal and Venmo accounts, transferring funds between them is impossible.
Is this a sign that you’re trapped? What happens if you receive the most significant transfer through your Venmo account from someone in your family but use PayPal as your main account for online shopping?
Though you can’t transfer funds via Venmo to PayPal via PayPal, it’s possible to make this happen by having a bank account linked to it.
What is the best way to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal?
Even though you cannot connect Venmo to PayPal through PayPal, you may transfer money from one another.
It is done using the following steps:
- Open an account at a bank and connect the account to your PayPal or Venmo accounts:
Log into the account page of your PayPal account and choose Link to a bank if you’re on the website or Banks and Cards if you’re using the mobile application.
Fill in your banking information online as requested, and then make two smaller deposits.
Go to the Venmo account, Settings, and choose Payment Methods.
Choose Add a bank card, and select your authentication method.
- After the bank account has been associated with both, go to your Venmo. Select the Transfer to Bank and enter the desired amount.
- Choose the type of transfer you would like to use: instant or up to 1-3 business days, after which tap Transfer.
- Once you have done that, log into your PayPal account and then go to the Transfer Money option 3.
- Choose Add money to your account, and you’ll find the account connected to both Venmo as well as Paypal
- Select the bank account you want to use and click Add. Money will be in your PayPal account within three to five business days.
What to Avoid Before Making a Venmo Transfer to PayPal?
The duplicate transactions will go smoothly. But, when performing a cross-currency transfer, it is essential not to do certain things for a seamless transaction.
- Verify that you verify that the PayPal account you’re sending funds to is verified before a transfer. This will help avoid delays or problems that could arise.
- When you make a transaction, avoid the payment option for friends and relatives. Use the product and service options for payment to be sure the Venmo policies on buyer protection cover you.
- Please do not use a credit card for an online transaction because it could add additional charges.
- Before sending money, verify your recipient’s details to ensure you’re sending money to the correct recipient.
- Do not choose the immediate transfer option offered by Venmo into PayPal. If you can, wait for 2 to 3 business days since instantaneous transactions incur additional charges.
What’s the cost of transferring money from Venmo to PayPal?
The price of transactions can differ based on the kind of transaction. If, for instance, you make a transfer to Venmo to PayPal via your debit or bank account or Venmo account, it’ll be free. If you use a credit card to complete the transaction, you can be charged a maximum of 3.3%.
What is the maximum amount you can transfer from Venmo to PayPal?
Limits on transfers can depend on the status of your verification. If you cannot verify your identity, you can transfer as much as $999.99 each week. In contrast, when you’ve confirmed that you are who you say you are, you can move around $19,999.99 each week. For confirmation of the limit, it’s recommended to contact customer service.
Transferring funds through Venmo into PayPal or vice versa could seem complicated, but it’s still a quick, safe, and secure choice. If someone wants to send money through Venmo mail, follow the steps described above for cash. Be sure to only make transactions with people whom you can trust. Be sure to leave an appropriate amount of money in your Venmo account.
If your clients pay you through Venmo only, you can add additional payment methods for your customers. In this way, you’ll avoid getting penalized by banks when they delay the funds transfer.
Your customers can also utilize the Venmo debit card. Customers can cash out money from their Venmo balance and then pay the balance to you. Venmo is the ideal method to transfer money among family members and friends; however, it could be more secure than a traditional bank.
If you’ve sent cash to an unintentional recipient, Don’t expect help from Venmo. The only way to resolve this is to request the recipient to repay the money. Venmo’s website declares, “We cannot guarantee we’ll be able to help recover the money.”