Although Reddit’s API was updated in 2023, there are options to look up deleted threads and posts through applications like Reveddit, Resavr, the Wayback Machine, and Google Cache.
Reddit lets users search for deleted comments and threads through the use of usernames or subreddit names. The thread’s URL, however, displays only comments removed by moderators.
The Wayback Machine, as well as Google Cache, can also be employed to get access to deleted Reddit material. However, they might not have archived the particular content or threads that users are looking for. Cleansing the URL properly is required for Google Cache or the Wayback Machine.
While browsing Reddit, coming across a lost post that has a ton of upvotes is a pain. One glance at the topic’s title is enough to make you curious, and you begin to think what a great idea it would be for you to go back into the past to see what the post that was deleted concerned.
It’s impossible, but only that part of time travel. Here are four ways of looking back at old deleted Reddit posts and comments to delight your curiosity.
How to See Deleted Reddit Posts
How can you locate or view deleted Reddit posts? Make sure you have your smartphone or internet browser set and test these methods.
Via Wayback Machine
Wayback Machine not only helps users watch unwatched YouTube videos but also lets you view archived Reddit posts. It archives websites at various times. Consequently, you may be able to see them even though they’re no longer available. It is likely that Wayback Machine will show you the information you’re searching for is very high when the account that originated it or the domain is one that is popular. Below is a short list of the steps needed to locate the deleted Reddit blog post with Wayback Machine:
- You can access the Wayback Machine’s website, archive.org.
- Find the search bar following that.
- You can enter the omitted Reddit post’s URL into the blank search box. If you do not have the URL for your post, then try using either the profile or subreddit link.
- The Wayback Machine will either show the calendar or notify you the page is not archived. Follow the next step only if you get the latter, and move into a new option if you don’t.
- Click the year, date, and finally, when you click the date, the time at which the archive is for a look. It will be clear that on the Reddit page where the post that was deleted was archived in a particular year, the date, time, and when you see bars on the year, or a blue highlight of the date, or at the very least a timestamp after you click the date.
Wayback Machine should now show you the deleted post. Follow the same steps if you are looking for other erased Reddit posts.
Reddit does not just allow you to look up deleted Reddit posts via link. It allows you to type into the site the subreddit to which you found the post and the user’s name of the Reddit user in order to locate the post that was deleted. Reveddit can even indicate whether the post was deleted by a moderator or the user by marking it with either red or blue, which is excellent for people who are more interested in Reddit users. If you want to use Reveddit to find deleted Reddit posts, you must follow these directions:
- Visit reveddit.com.
- You can enter the link username, subreddit, or link that is relevant to the deleted Reddit post.
- Press the “Go” button in the search box.
Following the steps above, you’ll be able to be able to view your deleted Reddit post as well as all the recently deleted posts of Reddit’s subreddit or user. If you notice the Restore button in an archived blog post, this signifies that the content was taken away prior to the latest attempt of archiving by Reveddit. It can be clicked repeatedly to open earlier archives of the article.
Through Google Chrome Cache
Google Chrome captures a web page in order to allow easy access for the user when the page isn’t working in a proper manner. This archived version page is known as the cache. To view an archived copy of the Reddit article via Google Chrome, do the following:
- Be sure to use Google Chrome’s Web version, regardless of whether you’re using mobile. When you’re on Chrome mobile, click the three dots icon and click on the Desktop website.
- Find the deleted Reddit article by clicking on its URL or by the author’s Reddit username.
- To find the right search result’s entry, click the 3-dot symbol.
- From the side menu, click Cached.
It will appear as a deleted Reddit post if Google archives it prior to the deletion and the deletion was not recent.
Resavr is a great tool for those who want to view deleted Reddit comments made on your posts. It lists two types of deleted comments: the ones that were recently deleted on Reddit and the deleted ones that were searched for using the title of the post and Reddit user. The types of comments that the platform typically scans are short (under 1000 words). Here’s how to use Resavr:
- Visit resavr.com using your browser.
- You can type in the post’s title or Reddit username in the search bar in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select a result from a search.
You can also browse the comments of others that have been deleted when you click on them on the Resavr homepage’s page.
If you search for a name, username, or simply random, Resavr will show you when the comment was published and the length of time it could be read before it was taken off. You’ll be able to read the full comments, too.
How to Save Deleted Reddit Posts
Several third-party websites offer the ability to recover archives of deleted Reddit postings. These sites include Removeddit, Way Back Machine, and Reveddit. But, one particularly frequent choice is the Wayback Machine. To access deleted Reddit posts using Wayback Machine, please refer to the steps in the previous section to view deleted Reddit posts as well as comments. Also, you can consult our article on Top 18 Wayback Machine Alternatives to explore other options for archiving deleted Reddit posts. This article should have given you an opportunity to find deleted Reddit posts and messages. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them in the comments box below. Visit us often to read more interesting and great stories.